How to Use IRS Free File Delivered by TurboTax to File Your Taxes
If your 2020 income was $39,000 or less and you’re planning to use IRS Free File delivered by TurboTax, check out the resources below to get started.
How can I get help with IRS Free File delivered by TurboTax?
Tax Time Allies has created the resources below to help you file.
- How to create an account
- How to electronically sign your return
- How to check the status of your return
- Click here to create an account and start filling out your tax return
Get expert help over Zoom:
- If you get stuck on any questions, click here to make an appointment to meet with a Tax-Aid/Intuit volunteer over Zoom.
- Visit Tax Time Allies to find more information and resources
More Ways To File For Free
There are other options if you don’t qualify for IRS Free File delivered by TurboTax. You’re eligible for IRS Free File if your income was $72,000 or less in 2020. You can choose from a list of free brand-name tax preparation options. Each offer has different eligibility criteria. To choose the best option for you, browse the IRS list of free tax filing offers. You can filter the offers based on your age, adjusted gross income (AGI), military status, and more.
Learn more about:
- Resources to help you file for free and maximize your tax refund, including claiming your stimulus checks by filing your taxes
- All of your options for filing your taxes for free
- Getting free tax prep help at a VITA site
- The Earned Income Tax Credit and how it’s different this year