2023 Tax Time Guide
January 09, 2023
This tax season, we want to make sure you receive every dollar you deserve. That’s why we’re sharing tax filing resources that are 100% FREE for you. Browse our one-stop guide to master tax time and make it your bonus season.
We will continue to update this guide as more resources become available, so make sure to bookmark it.
Tax Time Activities
We’re giving out $15,000 in cash rewards for tax time saving activities, and you have 3 ways to win:
1) Tax Time PledgeWe’re giving away $10 to 35 SaverLife members every week! Pledge to save any portion of your tax return, and you’ll be entered to win.
2) Save Your Refund Challenge [NEW]Starting Feb. 20, we’re giving away $7,500 to linked members who opt in to the challenge and save $150 by March 31.
3) Story ContestWe’re giving away $10 to the first 150 linked members who pledge AND share their savings story with us. Pledgers, keep an eye on your inbox for the Story Contest invite.
✸ POINTS BONUS ✸You can also earn 600+ points by completing Tax Time Activities, including articles and quizzes full of quick and simple tax time tips from our financial experts. That’s enough points to buy two scratchers in our point store, which means you could win another $10 cash reward!
Quick Facts & News
- Feb. 12 – When the IRS will start processing tax returns
- April 18 – Deadline to file your tax return
- Need tax assistance? – The IRS is holding special Saturday hours starting at many Taxpayer Assistance Centers to help people during this filing season. No appointments required. Learn more at www.irs.gov/saturdayhours
Tax Time Resources
NEW FOR 2023!
6 Tax Updates You Need To Know For The 2023 Tax Season Including 1099-K, CTC & ETIC ➜
5 DIY Tips for filing your taxes online ➜
Home Energy Tax Credits and Rebates That Can Reduce the Costs of Home Ownership ➜
Tips to Get Your Tax Refund Faster and When to Expect Your Refund ➜
Everything You Need to Know About Debt And Taxes ➜
6 Times You May Be Surprised By Unexpected Taxes ➜
How do I know if I should file taxes online or get help from a tax preparer? ➜
How do I safely find and pick a tax preparer or online tax software? ➜
What Should I do with an IRS Letter? ➜
How to fix your tax return after making a tax filing mistake ➜
Avoid tax scams and overcome identity theft this tax season ➜
Get Tax Filing Help
Tax Time Allies connects you with IRS-certified volunteers who provide free help with basic income tax return preparation to qualified individuals through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs.
Getyourrefund.org provides free tax prep services to families earning less than $66,000 a year. Trained, IRS-certified volunteers will help you prepare and double-check your tax return before filing. These volunteers can also help you file for previous years and make sure you receive tax credits you qualify for.
Stay Alert for Fraud & Scams During Tax Time
Many people receive a lot of money in their tax refund. Unfortunately, scammers know this and often try to take advantage of people during this time. It’s important to be vigilant and know what to expect during tax time so you stay one step ahead.
- Be extremely careful about what you share on social media related to your taxes and make sure you’re going to official sources like the IRS website to get information. The IRS’s Taxpayer Advocate Service is a great resource to find reputable tax information and tips.
- There are some common scams that we often see related to tax time. Read more on tips on how to recognize a tax scam and what to keep an eye out for.
Already Filed? Check the Status of Your Refund
Check the status of your refund using Where’s My Refund and the IRS2go app.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 18 years of age and older. Void where prohibited. Promotion begins 1/9/23 and ends 3/31/23. For Official Rules, prize descriptions, odds disclosure, AMOE information, visit https://www.saverlife.org/official_rules/tax-time-2023-pledge-race-and-story-contest. Sponsor: EARN, Inc. dba SaverLife, 235 Montgomery Street, Suite 1050, San Francisco, 94104