SaverLife Tax Time 2023
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SaverLife Tax Time 2023 ("Promotion") begins at 5:00:00 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 9, 2023 and ends at 5:00:00 PM PT on March 31, 2023 (“Promotion Period”). The promotion contains games of chance (both “Instant Win“ and “Sweepstakes”) and a contest of skill (“Contest”). The computer clock of Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) (except Alabama and Nebraska 19 and 21 in Mississippi) years of age or older at the time of Promotion registration. Employees, officers and directors of EARN Inc. dba SaverLife (the “Sponsor”), Intuit, and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates, Realtime Media LLC, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, you release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. TIMING: The Promotion will consist of four (4) phases within the Promotion Period, as detailed below:
● Instant Win Entry Period: The Instant Win will consist of twelve (12) individual entry periods (each an “Instant Win Entry Period”) which are outlined within the chart below:
Instant Win Entry Period
Instant Win Entry Period
Start Date and Time (PT)
Instant Win Entry Period End
Date and Time (PT)
1/9/23 at 5:00:00 PM
1/15/23 at 4:59:59 PM
1/15/23 at 5:00:00 PM
1/22/23 at 4:59:59 PM
1/22/23 at 5:00:00 PM
1/29/23 at 4:59:59 PM
1/29//23 at 5:00:00 PM
2/5/23 at 4:59:59 PM
2/5/23 at 5:00:00 PM
2/12/22 at 4:59:59 PM
2/12/23 at 5:00:00 PM
2/19/23 at 4:59:59 PM
2/19/23 at 5:00:00 PM
2/26/23 at 4:59:59 PM
2/26/23 at 5:00:00 PM
3/5/23 at 4:59:59 PM
3/5/23 at 5:00:00 PM
3/12/23 at 4:59:59 PM
3/12/23 at 5:00:00 PM
3/19/23 at 4:59:59 PM
3/19/23 at 5:00:00 PM
3/26/23 at 4:59:59 PM
3/26/23 at 5:00:00 PM
3/31/22 at 5:00:00 PM
● Sweepstakes Entry Period: Begins at or about 5:00:00 PM PT on February 20, 2023 and ends at 5:00:00 PM PT on March 31, 2022
● Contest Entry Period: Begins at or about 05:00:00 PM PT on February 15, 2022 and ends at 5:00:00 PM PT on March 15, 2023
● Contest Judging Period: Begins at or about 9:00:00 AM PT on March 16, 2022 ends at 5:00:00 PM PT on April 1, 2023
● Contest Winner Announcement: The Contest Winners will be announced on or about April 11, 2023
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: To participate, go to www.saverlife.org/pledge (the "Website") during the Instant Win Entry Period and take the Tax Time Pledge (the “Pledge”) to save a portion of your tax refund. Upon completing the Pledge, you will be required to register to become a SaverLife member to be eligible for the Instant Win, Sweepstakes, and Contest prizes.
INSTANT WIN: After completing the Pledge and signing up for SaverLife membership (and for existing members who have taken the Pledge), you will receive an Instant Win online scratcher that upon scratching will reveal whether you are an Instant Winner. You will earn one (1) gameplay for the Instant Win game (“Game”). To win, you must have revealed a winning card. All winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Instant Win gameplay per person, per email address throughout the Promotion Period.
CONTEST: Eligible SaverLife members who have taken the Pledge will receive an invitation through email to enter the Contest. During the Contest Entry Period, you must submit a story answering the question “How will saving your tax refund and tax credits help you reach your financial goals?” Limit of one (1) Contest Entry per person, per email address throughout the Contest Entry Period.
By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant permission for your Entry to be posted on https://www.saverlife.org/ or other websites. You agree that Promotion Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Promotion Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks (other than for entry into this Promotion), without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that the work submitted is original to you and that neither it nor its contents infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party. If your Entry includes likenesses of third parties (such as, but not limited to makeup artist or subject) or contains elements not owned by you, (such as, but not limited to, company logos) you must be able to provide legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor or your Entry will be disqualified. Entries may not defame or invade the publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES: Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
● Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
● Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
● Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
● Appears to duplicate any other submitted contest entries;
● Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
● Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
● Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
● Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
● Contains any individual other than the you and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
● Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
● Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
● Violates any law.
By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry is original to you, that the Entry has not been previously published, has not won previous awards and that neither it nor its contents infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including any copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property. By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that you consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive other Entries under this Promotion that may be similar or identical to the Entry submitted by you, and you waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to your Entry and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of Sponsor’s use of such other similar or identical material.
SWEEPSTAKES: Eligible SaverLife members (existing and new members must be a member prior to the promotion end date) will need to opt in to the Race for $150 by selecting the Challenge within the SaverLife web application. Savings will be tracked within the SaverLife dashboard to determine eligibility for the sweepstakes drawing at the end of the promotion. To be eligible for a Sweepstakes Prize, users’ savings balance in their linked savings account must increase by at least $150.00 in the Sweepstakes Entry Period (or the date the Saver first links a savings account, whichever occurs later). Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person, per email address throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY (SWEEPSTAKES): To enter without linking an account and saving via the Sweepstakes, enter your your full name, full mailing address, email address used to sign up for SaverLife, phone number, and birth date at https://saverlife.typeform.com/to/iYKjIyRn. Entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, or incomplete entries. No responsibility is assumed for (i) technical, electronic, telephone, hardware, software or network, computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind or (ii) any incorrect data contained in any sweepstakes entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person, per email address, per phone number, per mailing address throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
4. CONTEST JUDGING PERIOD: Begins at or about 9:00:00 AM PT on March 16, 2022 ends at 5:00:00 PM PT on April 1, 2023The judging panel, selected by the Sponsor, will score each Entry up to the maximum amount of points allowed. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
· Story showcases the mission of SaverLife (75%)
· Platform and email engagement rates (25%)
Entries that do not contain all required entry information or are considered inappropriate for any reason are not eligible. The Entry with the highest score from the Judges will be deemed the potential Contest Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie between two (2) participants for the highest score, the participant(s) whose submission(s) received the higher score(s) for execution of the Story, as determined by the Judges in its sole discretion, will be deemed to have a higher score. If such process does not break the tie, an additional judge, who will be an employee, officer or director of the Promotion Sponsor or the Promotion Administrator, will evaluate the tied entries according to the above criteria and determine the winner. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes or to choose fewer than one (1) if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive enough eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. INSTANT WIN PRIZE AWARDING/ODDS: Six Hundred (600) Instant Win prize winners will be randomly determined (as determined by the Sponsor) throughout the Instant Win Entry Periods listed above in Section 2 by Sponsor’s time-based algorithm during each Instant Win Entry Period. Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize depend on the number of eligible Instant Win Entries received and the date and time when a particular participant plays the Game.
6. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING/ODDS: On or about seven (7) days after the end of a Sweepstakes Entry Period, the Administrator will conduct a random drawing from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received within the Sweepstakes Entry Period and select fifty (50) Sweepstakes Promotion Prize winners. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes Promotion Prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prizes will be awarded only upon winner redemption, confirmation, verification and final approval by Sponsor. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. All prizes will be fulfilled in approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the Promotion has ended. If the potential winning entrant of any Contest prize cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim the prize; if the Prize Notification is returned undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant based on the Judging Criteria outlined in Section 3.
8. PRIZES/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: A total of Eight Hundred (800) prizes will be awarded during the Promotion.
· One (1) $10 payment via hyperwallet which gives the option of ACH, Paypal, or Venmo (depending on when the user set up their payout preference).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Contest Prize is $10.00
· INSTANT WIN PRIZES (600): A total of six hundred (600) Instant Win Prizes will be awarded (approximately fifty (50) per Instant Win Entry Period). Each winner will receive:
· One (1) $10 payment via hyperwallet which gives the option of ACH, Paypal or Venmo (depending on when the user set up their payout preference)
The ARV of each Instant Win Prize $10.00
· SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES (50): A total of fifty (50) Sweepstakes Prizes will be awarded. Each winner will receive:
§ One (1) $150 payment via hyperwallet, which gives the option of ACH, Paypal, or Venmo (depending on when the user set up their payout preference)
The ARV of each Sweepstakes Prize is $150.00
The ARV of all Promotion prizes is $15,000.00
9. PRIZE LIMITATIONS: Limit of one (1) prize per household. Contest winners are eligible to receive an Instant Win prize or a Sweepstakes Prize. If it is discovered during prize verification you have entered, attempted to enter, or used multiple accounts to enter more than the stated limit, you will be disqualified at the discretion of the administrator, or will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, which subvert the entry process, are void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or undelivered prizes.
11. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential winners’ verification of eligibility and final approval by Sponsor. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If any winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
13. RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Promotion, you agree that (1) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will you be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. YOU WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
14. DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion and award the prizes for the Promotion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received (i) as of the date of termination using the judging procedure outlined above. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to yours or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. In no event will more prizes be awarded than that listed in Section 5.
CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the State of California. You hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
16. TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. A 1099 tax form will be issued to the Contest Grand Prize winner.
17. WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by April 15, 2023 to: SaverLife Tax Time 2023 Winners List Request, c/o EARN, Inc. dba SaverLife, 235 Montgomery Street, Suite 1050, San Francisco, 94104.
SPONSOR: EARN, Inc. dba SaverLife, 235 Montgomery Street, Suite 1050, San Francisco, 94104
ADMINISTRATOR: Realtime Media LLC, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 100, Conshohocken, PA 19428