Keeping kids interested in online classes

Started by Wendi M.
Followed by: @This @Rosa @Yajaira @Latoya @Crystal @Paula @Jessica @Thomasina @Chrystal @william @andrea @Samanthia @Lorie @Kristina @Alicia @Lashonda @Charlene @Timneshia @Angela @ALEXIS @Alicia @Bobbie @April @Ericka @Cathy @Angel @Tori @Celeste @Luz @JOHN @Roberta @Lanna @Katie @Christy @Shalanda @Antonella @Brittany @Nicole @Elizabeth @Ashley @Amy @Michael @SABRINA @Aaron @Shamika @Sabrina @Armonie @Joanne @Heather @krystal @Lashanda @Melora @Brian @Kiara @Amonte @Joshua @Tabitha @Gobby @Kristen @Elaine @Suzanna @Tracy @Tia @Shannon @Amanda @Stephanie @Misty @Patricia @Ronald @Juliann @Yvonne @Elena @Ninna @"Sherrie D" @Lisa @Monica @Donald @Denise @Destiny @Esequiel @Summer @Christine @MichaelJohn @Ashly @Mindy @Deborah @Neosha @Autumn @Ohsha @KIMBERLY @Destiny @angel @Travis @Ashley @Tim @Veronica @Carmen @April @Lisette @Christy @Kirsten @Melissa @Melody @Yshaunda @Brittany @Denishia @Luis @Lakisha @Takeshia @Jessica @Jennifer @Marlissa @Angela @Felicia @Megan @Shaira @"Lisa AKA Smallz" @Jeremy @Willie @Arendena @Michelle @Edward @Chrissy @Shalanda @Marquita @Ashley @Donna @Erica @Eva @Angela @Edwina @Adriana @Jessica @Crystal @Lisa @Kimie @Danielle @Cherrie @Taylor @Dawn @Amber @Leonel @Kassandra @Kevin @Jessica @JessaLynn @Nikita @Jaymar @Tina @Priscilla @Theresa @Maria @Karen @"Kimberly Dee" @Daisia @Lashonda @Katie @Scott
W

Wendi M.

I am not sure my kids are learning what they should be with them not being in a regular school setting they seem to not have the drive.

J

Jessica P.

My kids hate doing virtual school. I found it hard at times to keep them motivated. I have also found that once they go on break it's hard to get them back on track. Does anyone have any tips to try and keep them on track?

S

Shante J.

My kids are not learning.My 11 year old went from all A's to all C's its really hard

R

Robin B.

It's so easy to get distracted. They don't mind doing online schooling, but staying focused with regular house distractions makes it a struggle for everyone.

D

De Laine R.

Online learning is difficult for all parties involved. Allow yourself, your children, and teachers some grace and understanding. Children are resilient and remember that this too shall pass.

C

Christin B.

I think it's a good thing but not a good thing cuz at the same point I'm being yes they're learning at home and then they're not catching the coronavirus but then if they was going to school then they will have to worry about catching the coronavirus so then at the day it could be a good and a bad thing that's what I think

S

Sarah S.

I work in education at the high school level, and I can tell you that online learning is working out for very few students. The campus I work with went from a 2% failure rate at the semester (2020) to a 25% failure rate (2021). As time progresses, it seems to get worse especially for our freshmen. We haven't had a Covid case on campus in months, but parents are still afraid to send their students back. To compound matters, we have a high number experiencing anxiety and depression because of the social separation and fear. My youngest graduated from HS last year; however, if I had a child in school now, I would send them back to in-person if they are failing. If they are passing and thriving, then yes, have them stay home just to be safe, but for those students who are struggling, in-person helps them greatly. We cannot only work with them better on raising their grades, but also get them any counseling help they may need to mentally deal with everything going on in today's world. Also, most schools are extremely careful when it comes to cleaning, wearing masks and social distancing. At this point in the year, almost all of the faculty have either had the vaccine or already had Covid. My brother and his wife both struggled with virtual learning for his 8-yr old and 5-yr old, and so sent them back to school in August. So far so good–their grades are awesome and they're healthy!

Add a post