A Side Hustle Can Fix Your Budget
- November 27, 2020
- by Linda Jacob
There are lots of articles written about cutting expenses in order to make your budget work. But there is an alternative. You can make more money to achieve the same desired result! Getting a side hustle, and bringing in more money each month, will correct the deficit of your budget just as quickly as spending less. You can also do a combination of both.
Side Hustle Ideas
A side hustle no longer has to be the traditional part-time job in addition to your full-time job. This approach will work of course, but let’s consider some alternatives. The key is to find a need and fill it. A few ideas include:
- Would you want to try dog sitting or dog walking?
- House cleaning a few times a month for a friend can net a couple hundred dollars.
- What about selling items on the internet? There are several marketplaces where people sell all kinds of things.
- Driving for a car service allows you to choose your hours. If you don’t want people in your car, you can always deliver food.
- If you are a good candidate, you can donate plasma. Plasma centers will pay you for your time, and many offer free babysitting on-site for the time that you are in there. This is only a few hours a week.
- You can change your tax withholding. If you get a large tax return each year, consider visiting your HR department and asking them to help you adjust the amount of tax you are paying each month. There is no need to “lend” your money to the government (at zero interest) all year, just to get it back in March or April of the next year. You need the money every month, so it should be available to you.
Think outside the box!
Ask your friends and colleagues if they have any ideas for you. They might see a talent in you that you haven’t considered. A simple side hustle might be all it takes to get you back on track.