Test your midterm election knowledge
A friendly reminder that Election Day is Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
How much do you know about the upcoming midterm elections? Take our short quiz to find out!
What day is the midterm election this year?
- Wednesday, November 2nd, 2022
- Friday, November 4th, 2022
- Tuesday, November 8th, 2022
- Tuesday, November 15th, 2022
Answer: Tuesday, November 8th, 2022
What is a midterm election?
- An election to determine who represents your state in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate (a.k.a. Congress)
- An election that takes place during the same year as the presidential election
- A Congressional election that takes place at random
- When you vote for lawmakers because you feel like it
Answer: An election to determine who represents your state in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate (a.k.a. Congress)
What issues or candidates do I need to know about for the upcoming election?
- Congress members only
- Statewide measures only
- The president and vice president
- Congress members, statewide and local measures
Answer: Congress members, statewide and local measures
What does “incumbent” mean?
- A politician who’s currently holding office and seeking reelection
- An up-and-coming politician who’s looking to be elected
- A federal worker who’s not a politician
- A politician who prefers the indoors
Answer: A politician who’s currently holding office and seeking reelection
Why does voting matter during the midterm election?
- How you vote on local measures can impact your neighbors and community
- Voting for an incumbent lawmaker or incoming lawmaker is a show of confidence in that individual to make decisions that benefit your community for the next few years
- It’s one way your voice can be heard in local elections
- All of the above
Answer: All of the above
Can I vote in the same place I voted last time for the midterm elections?
- Yes, but only if you haven’t moved since you last voted. Your polling place is based on your residential address
- Yes, but if you try to vote somewhere other than your assigned location, you may have to cast a provisional ballot
- No, it doesn’t matter where you vote
- Both 1 and 2
Answer: Both 1 and 2 are correct
Do I need to register to vote during the midterm election?
- Maybe – you may need to register or re-register if you moved within your state, moved permanently to another state, or changed your name
- Yes – you must register or re-register before every election
- No – once you register to vote, you never have to re-register
Answer: Maybe – you may need to register or re-register if you moved within your state, moved permanently to another state, or changed your name
You made it!
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about the upcoming midterm elections.