I got my credit score over 800 using this simple 4-step process

Started by Deleted user
Followed by: @Autumn @Eva @Armonie @krystal @Tim @Melody @Edwina @Rebecca @JessaLynn @Rebecca @Latoya @Edward @Tracy @Juliann @Katie @Stephanie @Jessica @Felisha @Kassandra @Rosa @Sabrina @Christy @Christine @Heather @Lashanda @Lakisha @Amonte @Paula @Luis @Melissa @Shamika @Gobby @Kristen @Suzanna @Jennifer @Nicole @Cathy @Lanna @Misty @Melissa @Jessica @Lucy @Joanne @Crystal @Roberta @Donald @Kirsten @This @Mindy @Deborah @"Sherrie D" @Monica @Neosha @Aaron @Tonya @Alicia @ALEXIS @April @Brittany @Denishia @Angela @Katie @angel @Kristina @Lashonda @Alicia @william @Travis @Ashley @Veronica @SABRINA @Thomasina @Shalanda @Angela @Beliques @Jessica @Samanthia @Carmen @Shaira @April @Angel @Lisette @Amy @KIMBERLY @Stacey @Shaina @"Mia Anne" @Taylor @Tanitra @Brittany @Alyssa @Dawn @Sheryl @JOHN @Tori @Timneshia @Leia @Lorie @Bobbie @Luz @Deborah @Kevin @Lashonda @Ohsha @Ashley @Denese @Anna @Abigail @Melora @Jess @"Lisa AKA Smallz" @Ericka @Z @Marlissa @Takeshia @Hoi @Ashley @Kathleen @Velene @Joshua @Sabrina @Ashley @Shaquetta @David @Candice @Donna @Christy @Michael @Carretta @Chrystal @Megan @Candace @Marquita @Yajaira @Elizabeth @Elizabeth @Jason @Nina @Wanda @Patricia @Maria @Jacqueline @Shana @Yvonne @Elena @Noemi @Shanel @Kiara @Tabitha @Denise @Shannon @Stevi @Michelle @Barbara @Arendena @Stephanie @Ninna @Yshaunda @Erica @Shannon @Esequiel @Summer @MichaelJohn @Tia @Megan @Ijnanya @Brian @Amanda @Lisa @Celeste @Melissa @Amber @Nikita @Jaymar @Tina @Priscilla @Theresa @Karen @Daisia @Charlene @andrea @Amanda @Ronald @Ashly @Mark @Adriana @Crystal @Cherrie @Scott @Danielle @Leonel @Theresa @Shirley @Ema @Jeremy @Destiny @Angela @Willie @Elaine @Alegandra @Destiny @Shalanda @Rebecca @Felicia @Shakima @Chrissy @Lisa @Kimie @Jessica @Stephen @Kassidy @Andrew @Daymarelis @William @Laura @Charity @myeska @Amy @Stephanie @Emily @DARNILE @Lisa @Kristine @ashley @Eddie @Alyssa @Ronesha @Michelle @melissa @Jennifer @KRISTIN @Petronella @Tasha @Risky @Pay @Rendi @Lirik
S

Shantel B.

Dave ramsey has turned me off from caring about a credit score. I have no plans to ever use credit card again after paying off my last one.

E

Elena B.

Dave ramsey has turned me off from caring about a credit score. I have no plans to ever use credit card again after paying off my last one.

Credit scores are used for more than credit cards. Your credit score is used by banks to decide if you qualify for an account, employers to decide if you qualify for a job, and insurance companies to determine rates. They are also used by my municipality to decide if a deposit is required to turn on or transfer utilities and cable. Additionally, when buying a house you will pay a higher interest rate on your mortgage should you not have a credit score.

Deleted user

This is very useful information. I recently learned about #4 and began using this strategy. I pay half the credit card bil when received and the remaining balance a few days prior to the due date.

N

Nikita B.

All good strategies. However, I'm a little iffy on #4. I like to hold on to my money for as long as possible so I only ever pay the statement balance. However I'm not yet at 800. Might have to change things up and see the impact.

Sometimes if you wait until the statement date to pay off your credit card statement that can lower your credit score.

T

Tammy D.

This is so helpful, i just paid my secure credit card in full.. yeah! Now the work begins. I really want to improve my credit score this year and moving forward. Great tip, Thank you!

J

Jacqueline G.

My credit score is not that great. I cannot do anything after I purchased my car. Any suggestions?

Deleted user

There should be a step 5.

Slightly missing is that you need broader exposure than JUST credit cards. They look for installment loans like mortgages, car loans and other such loans.

I bought a thing or 2 using Affirm which reports to 1 or 2 of the bureaus, maybe all 3 now. Yes the interest rate can be high so keep it a lesser purchase like under $200 to keep the payments affordable and let them report your on time payments for 6+ months to build your profile. That said my 1st time I bought a cell at 0% but they didn't report my payments claiming it was because it was 0% But later purchases were reported faithfully!

There are other ways to go to build installment credit. I mention this company only because it's pretty easy to get.

R

Robin B.

These are great ideas. I also use my cards every month and pay them off at the end of each week and make sure it's paid off before interest is charged. It has taken a lot of discipline and some months that had to carry over, but it's brought my score consistently up and up.

Deleted user

The majority of your credit score (35%) is making every payment on time. But if you pay on the due date you might actually be incurring a little bit of interest on your unpaid balance. This is because the due date is often a few weeks after the billing period.

I've found it helpful to set up automatic payments (either for a minimum amount, or as I'm able, the full balance) to happen on the date the period ends. So, you're keeping your money as long as you can without incurring the interest for a carried balance in that two-week period between period end date and due date.

M

Mariam H.

Thanks for the tips, the processes given will not only help reduce debt quicker it will also help to reduce interest rate paid.

L

Lindsey H.

I have, unfortunately, racked up some credit card deb so I'm thinking about debt consolidation. I owe some other bills in addition to the credit card bills and I want to know if this will help my credit in the long run?

T

Teresa R.

I've heard of splitting my payment into 2, onesie the statement date. I'll be looking into this.

Deleted user

Splitting payments into 2 has been helpful for me. I don't have to worry about late fees, missng payments, etc. Usually, I pay half when I receive the statement. About 4-5 days before the due date, I pay the balance.

V

Vanessa P.

I'm going to try these four steps to increase my credit score.

V

Vanessa P.

I'll be using my creditcard as a debitcard. paying off my credit card each months.

E

Eileen R.

can you tell me a bit more about why? i was going to start looking into some of this sessions

Add a post