Is it even possible to save now a days

Started by Ashlee G.
Followed by: @Ashlee @Sabrina @Christy @Christine @Heather @Lashanda @Suzanna @"Mary Joy" @SABRINA @Luis @Shamika @Gobby @Maria @Kristen @Joanne @Jennifer @Shalanda @Cathy @Roberta @Misty @Melissa @This @Mindy @"Sherrie D" @Monica @Neosha @Aaron @Alicia @ALEXIS @Brittany @Sitlaly @Jessica @Kristina @Shaira @Angela @Rachel @Carmen @Latoya @Rosa @Amanda @Denese @Katie @william @Ashley @Thomasina @Shannon @Nicole @Lizet @Tonya @Veronica @Krystal @Mikelya @Denishia @Jason @Kirsten @IRIS @Lucy @Hoi @Shannon @Kevin @Samanthia @Andrew @Shirley @Hannah @Lakisha @Amonte @Paula @Melissa @Dana @Lanna @Jessica @Crystal @Donald @Deborah @April @angel @Lashonda @Alicia @Travis @April @Angel @Lisette @Laramie @Beliques @Amy @SHELLY @SABRINA @Sabrina @Shantel @KIMBERLY @Angela @Melissa @Cara @Tanitra @JOHN @Timneshia @Brittany @Lorie @Leia @Tori @Bobbie @Candice @Luz @Katrice @Chrystal @Jess @"Lisa AKA Smallz" @Ericka @Christy @Ashley @Michael @Melora @Marlissa @Joshua @Donna @Takeshia @Chameeka
A

Ashlee G.

I feel so hopeless and like debt will never end yet just build any helpful tips that help others stay sane and keep hope

Deleted user

@Ashlee G., it sounds simplistic, but to pay off your debts and ultimately save, you're going to need to earn more money than you're spending. The debts are particularly damaging to your ability to save because the interest compounds against you. If you're serious about saving, you're going to first need to make drastic cuts to your spending so you can eliminate those debts. Reassess what you've identified as needs versus wants to get you started on lowering your spending and direct the money you would have spent to shrinking your debt. You can do this! Best of luck!

Deleted user

Dave Ramsey is a really good person to look into. If you actually follow him you will get there! I need to push myself into following him more.

S

Shannon H.

Get signed up for a couple survey sites… and take that extra $ from the gift cards you earn and squirrel it away or just save the gift cards. Saving gift cards may be risky if business is struggling….

M

Mikelya G.

It’s super hard but it’s not impossible. Just start small. Save $10/week for a month and then bump it up $10 each month. Use a CD to store your savings so that you can’t touch it.

H

Hoi W.

Making small changes such as saving $5 to $10 a week can make very impactful savings in the long run.

S

Shannon P.

Set a budget and savings plan and stick to it .

A

Andrew H.

Yes it is—cut costs as much as possible, even a little bit at a time! You got this

S

Shirley H.

That’s a very important question to think about especially during this time. It’s very hard to save because of the changes many of us have had to make during this pandemic. Buying more cleaning supplies and food while the children are home more has made it harder to save. Groceries are expensive, While paychecks are less. I do congratulate those who have managed to save during this time because it does take a change of ways and organization.

H

Hannah H.

i just had my first child so this has been a huge adjustment not the ideal world i planned too have a child in. Spending has become a little more then my means as i am not working things are rough.

L

Laramie C.

It is possible. You will go three steps forward and 5 steps back and then 5 steps forward and 1 step back. But you will be moving forward. Budget, listen, and learn.

S

Shelly S.

Great advice from @Aaron G. If you can't slash your budget anymore, you may need to look at earning more by way of a side hustle, overtime, or selling possessions you don't need or use. Then save what you can even if it's only a small amount. It all adds up.

S

Sabrina H.

Its hard saving when trying to build credit. Paying off debt and being a single mom.

M

Melissa D.

I saw an study yesterday that it now takes the average worker 53 weeks of earnings to pay for the necessities. I guess that's why Dave Ramsey is always saying get another job or two so you can pay down debt/save.

C

Cara C.

Yea I keep getting lied to with jobs. They say I will get paid “this much” and it’s way under after I take the job. SMH

Deleted user

Yea I keep getting lied to with jobs. They say I will get paid “this much” and it’s way under after I take the job. SMH

What are you doing for work such that this happens? You probably need to get the offers in writing.

C

Candice P.

I had to set up an account at a different bank to help me save money. I have a certain amount automatically transferred from my paycheck so I don't even see it. When I get an annual increase or bonus I put it in the savings account as well.
Happy budgeting and saving, Everyone!!

K

Katrice S.

I just save period I save more when I don’t see the money or no it’s their

Add a post