Lost job, 401K decision....what to do?

Started by Kimberly B.
Followed by: @Sabrina @Armonie @Carmen @Heather @krystal @Stephen @Lashanda @Melora @Michelle @Elena @Edward @Jaymar @Luz @Amonte @Tina @Priscilla @Brian @Joshua @Angela @Theresa @Maria @Adriana @Angela @Kassandra @Daisia @Tabitha @Edwina @Gobby @Lashonda @Tia @Tim @JOHN @Jessica @Ashley @Yajaira @Kristen @This @Megan @Rosa @Ashley @Shaira @Donna @Kevin @Elaine @Taylor @Chrissy @Suzanna @Brittany @Bobbie @Tracy @Kassidy @Katie @Shamika @Erica @Shannon @Amber @Shalanda @Melissa @Marquita @Crystal @Amanda @Eva @Jessica @Elizabeth @Stephanie @Luis @Crystal @"Lisa AKA Smallz" @Ohsha @Nikita @Misty @Patricia @April @Thomasina @Joanne @Ronald @SABRINA @Paula @Lisa @KIMBERLY @Chrystal @Kimie @Jennifer @Juliann @william @andrea @Samanthia @Lorie @Kristina @Yvonne @Ninna @Dawn @Alicia @"Sherrie D" @Lashonda @Timneshia @Angela @ALEXIS @Alicia @Ericka @Angel @Cathy @Monica @Tori @Donald @Denise @Celeste @Roberta @Lanna @Katie @Christy @Shalanda @Leonel @Nicole @Destiny @Ashley @Amy @Michael @Aaron @Esequiel @Summer @Christine @Mindy @Deborah @Neosha @Kiara @Autumn @Destiny @Ashly @angel @Travis @Veronica @April @Lisette @Cherrie @Christy @Kirsten @Melissa @Scott @Melody @Yshaunda @Brittany @Denishia @Lakisha @Takeshia @Jessica @Felicia @Jeremy @Marlissa @Willie @Lisa @Arendena @Jessica @Jennifer @Andrew @Laura @Amy @Daymarelis @myeska @Charity @Lisa @Ronesha @Michelle @melissa @Emily @Kristine @Alyssa @ashley @KRISTIN @Eddie @Petronella @Pay @Rendi @Lirik
K

Kimberly B.

I recently lost my job due to my attendance that involved missing days due to COVID and having a family member that suffers from MS, diabetes, and other inflicting health issues, who needed my care on a few days. Regardless, this now means I am unable to get unemployment benefits and now have a decision to choose for my 401K. Due to the amount being over $1,000, but less than $5,000 I can either cash out the amount or roll over the amount into the IRA selected by the plans sponsor. I have had money saved, but my savings are dwindling, and the money right now would take a lot of stress off me. I also don't want to lose the 20% of federal taxes, 1% of state income tax plus the additional 10% income tax due to early distributions. If I have my information correct from my last statement, will show that either I roll over to an IRA with $1220.00 or cash out with fees taken of about $842. $400 down the drain? I honestly don't know very much about any of this and could use some advice. Reading about it online is confusing me a little more each time I try to get a bit of a grip on what I'm really doing with my money.

Add a post