Save $100

Started by Kenyata W.
Followed by: @Kenyata @Sabrina @Christy @Christine @Heather @Lashanda @Suzanna @"Mary Joy" @Luis @Shamika @Gobby @Kristen @Jennifer @Jennifer @Shalanda @Roberta @Misty @Melissa @Michael @"C o n s t i n o" @This @Mindy @Kristina @"Sherrie D" @Monica @Neosha @Galeleshia @Alicia @Brittany @Angela @SABRINA @Maria @Joanne @Jessica @Aaron @Shaira @ALEXIS @Brittany @Rosa @Carmen @Katie @william @Ashley @Nicole @Chris @Jason @Lucy @Kirsten @Tonya @Denishia @Carretta @Veronica @Thomasina @FranciscaIbeht @Hoi @Amber @Latrise @Samanthia @Kevin @SABRINA @Teri @Amonte @Kim @Kimberly @Kristen @angel @Billy @Christy @HOLLY @Jason @Jesse @Chameeka @Jessica @Shannon @Crystal @Lashonda @Jasmine @Christine @Paula @Lanna @Donna @Donald @Angel @Ann @Earl @Joseph @Travis @Deborah @April @Alicia @Johnny @April @Jazzmine @Lakisha @Melissa @Lisette @Beliques @Amy @Natalie @Vittorio @KIMBERLY

Deleted user

In this particular race, I am shocked by how many people have saved multiple thousands. It's great people are saving! (However I think I'll avoid that page for now. I may be a bit envious of the dollar amount, though I know nothing of the percentage of savings/circumstances…)

@Kristen O., as you noted, what you're seeing here is only a snapshot of someone's financial situation without any context. Rather than feeling envy towards the savings you're seeing, maybe you could turn those snapshots into a positive by using them as an incentive to save more yourself. There's a strong tendency in people to want to compare themselves to others, but we're really in this to save for our own needs. Don't be discouraged by what others are doing and keep doing what you're doing. Every little bit helps and is a step towards achieving your goals.

K

Kristen O.

Aaron G.: Yes, Sir/Ma'am! I'm actually doing great in savings–percentage wise. And you are correct, every little bit helps. :)

Thank you for the encouragement. I did not intend to sound discouraged in my post; currently, it's helped me find more motivation to increase my income [so that I can put the increase towards more savings].

J

Jason T.

Hi! So the money hasta remain in your account for the duration of the contest? You can't spend it?

Deleted user

Hi! So the money hasta remain in your account for the duration of the contest? You can't spend it?

To qualify for the Race to 100 prizes, you just need to have at least $100 more in your account on August 15 than when the contest started. Withdraw all you want otherwise. And if you're talking about the prize you win, you're free to do with that whatever you please.

J

Jason M.

I have found saving incredibly difficult and it has taken me years to get my act together. I do now know that if I don't save now for when I get older I will suffer emotionally and I have vowed to not let that happen. I save 25$ a week automatically with my bank and any extra work I do goes into that account also. It's not much but it is a start and I also have opened an account with Stash where I can buy portions of stocks when I can and also set aside 5$ here and there to invest monthly with some good picks. It all adds up and I have stopped wasting money on buying scratch tickets and keep my lottery ticket buying to a minimum.

C

Chameeka S.

We are in a pandmic and they want us to save knowing the situation and place such a number as 100$ instead of something that is reachable like 50$ in a month good God help us all

S

Shannon H.

I save 25$ a week automatically with my bank and any extra work I do goes into that account also.

Good job with the automatic deposit. It really does help when you never see the money first. I have mine go into completely different bank which I only check once a month.

C

Christine L.

I transfer mine to an account I don't use so it will build up in the background.

K

Kristen O.

Has anyone else notice their names have disappeared from the "check your ranking"? I saw it once, but although I still have 126 more in my bank than wen Race to 100 started, I am no longer am on the list as a participant. I found my name once, then the next week, it disappeared and hasn't come back.

@Jasmine G. Yes, until August 15th.
@Donna C. Any savings a person can do/does is a good start. For me, saving $10 a day is phenomenal as I'm usually only around 100 a month [~ $3.33 a day] when I do save.

A

Ann J.

I finally was able to see that I am signed up for the Race to l00, even though I'd received a welcome and half-way point confirmation email. The amount saved only included my last deposit, not what I've saved since July l5. Then the next time I checked, it showed that I'd saved zero dollars, and it's been that way for about a week. I'm getting so tired of contacting the very friendly staff and checking the website. My balance is correct on the My Account page, so at least they have some sort of record of my deposits.

N

Natalie E.

I tired to save the $100. It was difficult since I’m not working my regular hours due to the pandemic. Hopefully I’ll do better once I can go back to work.

K

Kenyata W.

i have been able to save $100 plus since all this overtime i been getting because of me being an essential worker

A

Ann J.

Do you think saving $10 a day is a good start

Yes!

$10/day = $3,650/year + whatever interest you can find. That's something!

Add a post